100% of sales go straight to the Pinhook.
01. ERIC & ERICA "We Will Win" :: Previously unreleased. (Durham, NC.)
02. WIGG REPORT "Drop A Rock" :: Originally released on Everyday Revolution, 2015. Recorded live. (Durham, NC.)
03. MONSONIA "Alligator Snakebird" :: Originally released on the Digital Forest EP, 2015. Recorded at the Pinhook. (Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill, NC.)
04. BRAINBOWS "Gentleman Bird" :: Previously unreleased. Recorded in a Durham living room sometime in the Spring of 2012. (Durham, NC.)
05. STATIC LAKE "Part" :: Originally released on the S/L EP, 2015. Written by Princess Ojiaku (of Pink Flag) in Durham before her move to Madison, WI. Recorded with her new band in Madison which featured fellow ex-Durhamite Nick Tenev! (Madison, WI.)
06. WICHITA FALLS "The Floors" :: Originally released on ...and the Bad Blood by Potluck Records, 2013. (Durham, NC.)
07. CHARLES LATHAM "Dressed Up For Nothin'" :: Solo acoustic recording for Folk Radio UK, 2013. Originally released as a bonus track on The Best of Charles Latham, Volume 1: 2003 - 2007. (Durham, NC.)
08. LOST TRAIL "Flaming Skylines For Broken Airlines" :: Previously unreleased. Written And Recorded By Zachary Corsa and Denny Wilkerson Corsa, January, 2016 at Sleepaway Camp. (Burlington, NC.)
09. LIFTERS "Don't Fuck With Me Now" :: Previously unreleased. Written and recorded by Colin Sneed of the Unwed Teenage Mothers. (Durham, NC.)
10. DRAG SOUNDS "Shadows" :: Unreleased version. Recorded live on WUAG in Greensboro, NC sometime in Spring 2014 with the lineup of: Ian Rose Drums; Trevor Reece Guitar and Sing; Mike Wallace Guitar and Sing; Adam Thorn Bass and Sing. (Greensboro, NC.)
11. LE WEEKEND "The Shrift" :: Preview from the forthcoming LP It Can't Be Youth. Lineup: Bob Wall - bass, Robert Biggers - drums, Matt Kalb - guitar and mouth sounds. Instruments recorded 12/4 and 12/7 at the Fidelitorium by Nick Petersen. Vocals recorded 1/23 at the LW practice space by Matt Kalb (The Triangle, NC.)
12. BELOVED BINGE "The 5th" :: Preview from the forthcoming Never, The End EP. Keep your ears peeled! Recorded in Greece, June 2015. (Durham, NC.)
13. DAN KINNEY "If We Ever" :: Previously unreleased. Written and recorded by Dan (of Future Kings of Nowhere & ex-Flesh Wounds) in his Chapel Hill basement. (Chapel Hill, NC.)
14. THE EVERYMEN "A Girl Named Lou Pt. 2" :: Originally released on the Givin' Up On Free Jazz LP from 2014. Features A.C. Newman of the New Pornographers. (Chapel Hill, NC. / Tuckerton & Jersey City, NJ.)
15. A NEW DAWN FADES "Summer Camp" :: Unreleased demo version of what eventually became "Glories Of Summer Camp Past" on the I See Nightbirds LP. Written and recorded by PJ Sykes & Nathan McGlothlin at Harding Street Assembly Lab in 2005. (Richmond, VA. / Lynchburg, VA.)
16. CANINE HEART SOUNDS "Saturday Morning Cartoons" :: Originally released on Live on the Moon, May 2015. Recorded & mixed by Matt Peterson at Canine House in Durham, NC. Mastered by Nick Petersen at Track & Field Recordings, Durham, NC. (Durham, NC.)
17. ISS "C.H.U.D.F.R.E.A.K. SWAPMEAT" :: Preview from a TBA upcoming record. Written and recorded in secret by Edwin J Schneider III and Richard Keith Richards. Guitar by Colin S-W.
18. SUMNER JAMES "Dead Meat" :: Previously unreleased cover of a Silent Lunch song. Recorded on the evening of November 25, 2014 at Pleasant Farm. Collier Reeves (of Bad Friends) on background vocals.
19. AL RIGGS "No Opponent" :: Unreleased, alternate version demo. Cleaned up, reworked with strings and made new again. (Raleigh, NC.)
20. FRUIT "Penitential Masquerader" :: Previously unreleased. Recorded live at the Duke Coffeehouse, February 10, 2014. (Durham, NC.)
21. BEGIN-AGAINS "Breadcrumbs To Nowhere" :: Originally released on the Demo 2008 CDR by Bull City Records. Early band comprised of Ben Carr (Last Year's Men, Natural Causes, etc), Spencer Lee (Make, Systems, etc), Geoff Schilling (Last Year's Men, Like Hell I Will, Flesh Wounds, Natural Causes, etc) and Ben Newgard.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THE BANDS WHO DONATED TRACKS!
The outpouring of unconditional support and enthusiasm from the musicians was inspiring.
If I left off any pertinent info for your track, please get in touch.
Keep an eye out for Volume 2!
Thank you for listening and buying,
-chaz martenstein (bull city records).
released January 26, 2016
all rights reserved